Distribution, Transportation and Logistics
Frost Brown Todd understands the dynamics and ongoing evolution of businesses and government agencies which deliver mobility, transportation and logistics services. In today’s ever-changing global marketplace, businesses and agencies are competing to stay ahead of the curve in a climate with surging customer expectations and increasing demands for efficiency, speed, and ease-of-use technology often delivered in high-risk environments and under difficult budget constraints. Frost Brown Todd has a highly adept team of transportation, and logistics attorneys, some of whom have served as general counsel at transportation and logistics companies, large and small, as well as for numerous government agencies, villages, cities, counties and states. Our team is equipped to help your company meet growing demands by providing timely and cost-effective representation, with a focused, in-depth awareness of the challenges you face.
We Keep Your Business Moving
Who We Represent
Representing businesses and government clients nationwide, Frost Brown Todd assists third-party logistics providers (3PLs), manufacturers, warehouse operators, freight forwarders, motor carriers, passenger carriers (city bus, school bus, motor coach), rail operators, airlines, developers, customs brokers, shippers, insurers, sureties, banks and other capital providers and others involved in the transportation and logistics industry.
What We Do
Let Frost Brown Todd assist you in getting from A to B through our wide array of legal services, including regulatory advice and counsel, state and federal litigation, commercial and financial advice, contract management, insurance/risk management, traditional labor and employment assistance, and state and federal lobbying. To add value across your operations, we draw on the subject expertise of attorneys who practice in a variety of legal disciplines, including regulatory compliance, corporate law, RFP development and review, trucking and commercial transportation, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, environmental law, international trade regulation, government relations, labor and employment, and intellectual property.
Comprehensive Legal Services
Our experienced attorneys understand the challenges companies and government agencies face in their effort to deliver mobility, transportation and logistics services. Frost Brown Todd can add value through the following services:
- Providing legal advice relating to a variety of corporate transactions such as contracts, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, purchases, sales, and taxation
- Providing guidance to public and corporate Boards and staff.
- Assisting in the procurement of financing to fund new and ongoing development.
- Advising on project development and the construction of facilities, including contract drafting and administration, bid disputes, and contract claims and litigation.
- Negotiating lease and purchase agreements for property, equipment, and carriers.
- Handling negotiations or disputes with shippers, freight forwarders, brokers or warehousemen.
- Negotiating collective bargaining agreements and handling all aspects of labor relations.
- Representing employers in all facets of employment law, including drafting employment policies, advising on day-to-day personnel issues, and representing employers in state and federal litigation.
- Advising companies on grant writing and issues involving land use and zoning, permitting, right-of-way and related issues before government agencies.
- Protecting clients’ brands through copyright and trademarks.
- Counseling clients on the latest advancements of blockchain technology and implementing digital currency use in the logistics industry.
- Developing and implementing risk avoidance and management strategies with respect to corporate structure, insurance requirements, captive insurance arrangements
Maintaining compliance with state and federal law is paramount to the success of our transportation and logistics industry clients. Our attorneys routinely advise clients on all aspects of national, state, and local compliance, including:
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations
- Federal Transportation Administration (FTA) regulations and grants
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations
- Risk management and safety program development
- Federal and state licensing requirements
- Drug and alcohol testing practices
- Employee handbooks and employment practices
- Environmental regulations
- Financing regulations
- Agency policy, rules and regulation
Our People: Your Success